GST Number Search Online Online
GST stands for Goods and Service Tax. Indirect taxes like the value-added tax, service tax, purchase tax, excise duty, and others were replaced by this one, which is an indirect tax. When specific products and services are purchased and sold in India, a tax known as GST is levied. Everybody in India must pay the same tax, but it varies depending on the state.
GSTIN/UIN of the Taxpayer – https://services.gst.gov.in/services/searchtp
Format of GST
- State code’s initial two digits: The state code determines the first two digits of the business’s GST number. According to a 2011 consensus, state codes in India can have digits from 01 to 35.
- Person’s PAN Number: The personal identification number (PIN) associated with the business that has registered for GST is the next 10 digits of the GST Number.
- The 13th digit is its registration number: This number represents the total number of registrations a person or organization has made using the same PAN. There can only be 35 registrations of this kind at once.
- Since this is an alphanumeric code, the first nine digits can be represented by the numbers 1 through 9 or by the letters. The number one is frequently entered while enrolling for the first time. On the other hand, the tenth registration would be alphabet A.
- The 14th digit is kept as “Z” by default for all GST numbers, which is the case for all of them.
- The 15th digit of the GST number serves as a check code to identify any errors.
Advantages of GST:
- Multiple taxes were imposed by the State and Central Governments prior to the introduction of the GST. As a result, controlling these taxes was a nuisance.
- GST is a practical and simple tax system.
- The likelihood of a tax mix-up between the Central and State Governments is reduced.
- It made the taxing system more consistent.
- There will be no space for confusion in the future, thanks to our comprehensive reference of GST kinds.
Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST):
It usually applies to transactions involving two distinct states or interstate commerce. One of the different types of GST is imposed on the exchange of goods and services between states as well as on exports and imports (IGST plus customs). According to the IGST Act, the Central Government is in charge of its collection.
State Goods and Services Tax (SGST):
The State Government Sales Tax, or SGST, is the name of the GST that the State Government collects and is levied on purchases made inside its physical borders. Previous state taxes like the entertainment tax, VAT, and state sales tax ceased to exist under the new tax system.
State Goods and Services Tax, or SGST, is a single tax imposed on intrastate supplies of goods and services, with the exception of alcoholic beverages.
Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST):
It took the place of all prior Central Government taxes. Central excise duty and central surcharges & cess are a couple of instances of these taxes. A state must collect CGST on every shipment of goods.
Both SGST and CGST will be applied if a producer creates a product in West Bengal and sells it intrastate. While the latter will end up with the Central Government, the former would go to the West Bengal State Government.
Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST):
In the Union Territories, this tax is applicable to the exchange of goods and services. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman Diu, Chandigarh, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli supply of goods are subject to this tax.
What is GSTIN?
Every taxpayer registered under the GST Regime receives a unique number (UIN) known as a “Goods and Services Tax Identification Number” (GSTIN). You may quickly search for GST using your PAN.
The 15-Digit alphanumeric PAN-based code is designed to make it easier for the tax authorities and the persons who have to carry out their duties to keep all of the records of GST payments and due together on a single platform.
Anyone can use it to determine whether a company is legitimate or not, as it is public information. The federal and state governments impose numerous indirect taxes on a single corporation. These taxes are all replaced by a single number known as the GSTIN. One Nation, One Tax is demonstrated by using the tax identification number GSTIN.
Here are the steps to understanding the GSTIN.
- Your location’s state code will be represented by the first two digits of your GSTIN.
- The company’s PAN is represented by the next ten numbers (Permanent Account Number)
- The total number of state registrations is used to determine an organization’s 13-digit identification number (EIN).
- Therefore, “Z” will always be the fourteenth digit.
- The last digit might be either a letter or a number.
Find GST Numbers Online by Name Search
There is a possibility that your GST will be replicated elsewhere due to widespread criminal activity and the widespread use of fraudulent GST numbers. There are also instances where commercial entities use fictitious GSTINs to obtain the advantages of the GST regime without registering under it. On the official website for the Goods and Services Tax, under the “Search Taxpayer” option, the Government of India has nevertheless introduced the option of online GST search and verification.
Check out how GST number search and verification work below.
- GST verification will only function if the correct word is entered.
- Enter a term with at least ten characters to get it.
- Because the company might have more than one state’s GST registration, you have to find the correct one.
- If you are seeking a company’s GST number or you want to know your own GST number, search for “Your business name” using the name of the business.
Utilizing a PAN Number to Find a GST Registered Company
These procedures can be used to execute a GST search for a taxpayer’s information after using your PAN to log into the GST portal.
- The applicant must visit the official website of the GST department.
- Before logging in, visit the portal’s home page and select the “Search taxpayer” button.
- Choose PAN as your search option in step three. From the drop-down menu in the taxpayer search area, choose “Search by PAN.”
- Enter your PAN number. Fill up the permanent account number section using the taxpayer’s PAN number.
- After that, click “Search” and fill out the captcha form by typing the characters shown in the following image.
- On the following page, the outcomes of your GST search are presented.
- Choose the GSTIN/UIN tab to view further information regarding the taxpayer’s GSTIN or UIN.
- Use your GSTIN number to search. The user will then be transferred from the current page to the GSTIN or UIN search page.
- The GSTIN/UIN chosen will already be filled in on the Search taxpayer (pre-login) screen.
- Fill out this form by entering the captcha text, then click “Search.”
GST Numbers Verification
As a consumer, you can use the GST number search by name tool to confirm a company’s legitimacy. You must search the name or GST number provided to you by a potential seller to locate a company or learn your GST number.
If you are a retailer, using the GST search to verify the GST Number before entering it on GST returns will assist your business in avoiding any mistakes.
How important is GSTIN?
- Getting ITC: The input tax credit, or ITC, is the GST paid on the purchase of products or the input service in a firm. As a result, in order to collect ITCs from sales tax paid on input GST, a GSTIN is necessary.
- According to the GST Act, GSTR-1, GSTR-3, GSTR-9, and numerous more kinds of GST returns must be filed. For the government to track the products and services supplied and received monthly, quarterly, and annually so that ITC can be claimed, it is important to have a GSTIN number to submit these forms. Conducting a GST search by name and PAN is mandatory before filing the returns.
- A GSTIN with the proper GST verification is required in order to make a claim for a refund under certain provisions of the GST Act, including the export of services and supplies to SEZ units. The GST Act specifies that a GSTIN is used for registration. As a result, after GST Act registration, acquiring a GST number is necessary.
How to File GST Returns in India:
It is not a difficult or perplexing process to file GST returns if that is anything you have been wondering about. The forms will automatically populate when you file it using the software offered by the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN).
Online GST returns filing procedure:
- Utilize the GST website at www.gst.gov.in as the first step.
- A 15-digit number will be generated based on your state code and PAN number.
- You must upload each of your invoices. There will be a reference number assigned to each invoice.
- The final step is to submit the cumulative monthly returns as well as the outgoing and incoming returns. All mistakes can be fixed.
- On or before the 10th of the month, submit the GSTR-1 outward supply returns through the information area of the GST Common Portal.
- The GSTR-2A will be used to obtain the external supplies provided by the provider.
- The recipient must then confirm the information on the outgoing supplies and record any credit or debit notes.
- After that, fill out the GSTR-2 form with information about the inward supplies of goods and services.
- The supplier has the option to accept or reject the information provided by the inward supplies that are made clear in the GSTR-1A.
You must visit and download the form from the portal in order to submit your GST returns in an offline manner. You may easily complete the GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 forms after downloading this tool. All you need to do is adhere to the instructions on the official site.
How to View the Status of GST Returns?
- Go to the official website.
- On the login page, enter the information.
- Select Track Returns Status under Service > Returns.
- Choose “Status of Return” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Search” from the menu.
- It can read TO BE FILED, SUBMITTED BUT NOT FILLED, FILED-VALID, or FILED-INVALID in the status column.
- The filing of GST returns is tracked in this manner.
The GSTIN helps keep business dealings transparent and ensures that valid GST returns are submitted for the relevant tax period. GSTIN verification and GST number verification are also advantageous because Input Tax Credit can be claimed when the right GSTIN is used.
GST Search FAQs:
1. Can we obtain a new GSTIN, or can we use the provisional GSTIN? Can we begin using the old GSTIN till the new one is released?
2. If a person has moved under the GST yet, he wishes to register as an ISD. Can he apply right away, and what is the process?
3. Can someone who runs two distinct businesses under various names but with the same PAN obtain two GST registrations?
4. What should a person do with his provisional ID and earned ITC if he was previously registered but not compelled to do so under GST?
5. Suppose someone enrolled in the GST composition scheme. Will he/she have to pay GST to the government while buying items from an unregistered person?
6. Why is a Dual GST necessary?
7. How will tobacco and tobacco products be treated under the GST system?
8. How will the GST Council make decisions?
9. How will the GST tax imports?
Difference between Working Capital and Startup Loan
Working Capital Loan EMI Calculator
Difference Between Working Capital Loan and Term Loan
Loan for Chartered Accountants
Accounts Receivable Financing
Best Free Accounting Software for Small Business
Difference between tin tan vat pan dsc and din
how to withdraw pf amount online using uan
Business Ideas for Women
10 Business Ideas after Lock Down
Business Skills are Needed to Run Business
Business loan for women
Agriculture business plan
Dairy farm loan
Small Scale Industries in India
GST Registration Online
Aadhar Card Status
PAN Card Correction & Update
Aadhaar Card Download
PAN Card Apply Online
Instant PAN Card through Aadhaar
PAN Card Mistakes – To Avoid
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
PAN Card Details Search By Name, DoB, PAN Number & Address
What is a Cancelled Cheque