Aadhar Card Status – How to Check / Enquiry Aadhaar Update Status Online
Aadhar card is one of the most important documents of proof that is mandatory in financial, social, and other important verification purposes. It is convenient to use the Aadhar card as an Identification document, and today, it is an imperative document for every Indian.
There could be many glitches while applying for the Aadhar Card or there could be corrections in vital details when one receives the Aadhar card which must be corrected instantly to avoid any identity-based inconvenience.
Besides that, in case of change of address, change of name, or other details in the Aadhar Card, it must be immediately updated. While applying for the Aadhar Card, an enrolment number is issued to the user. To check the UIDAI Aadhaar card status, all one must do is to provide his Aadhar enrolment number. Here are some ways by which you can check your Aadhar card status with/without your phone number.
Ways to Check The UIDAI Adhar Card Status Online –
Checking the status of the Aadhar Card online can be done in many ways such as using the registered mobile number, enrolment number or through the online portal of India Post.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Through Registered Phone Number
These are the steps that you need to follow for checking your Aadhar card status via registered phone number:
● Send an SMS to 51969. The SMS needs to follow the pattern:
” UID STATUS < your registered phone number > “
Example: UID STATUS 1234567890
● If your Aadhar is already generated, you will get a message containing the Aadhar number. ● If you do not get any message containing your Aadhar number, an SMS is sent showing the present status of the Aadhar card.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Using Name
- At the time of application of your Aadhar card, you must have got an acknowledgment slip which contains the enrolment ID.
- This can be used to track Aadhar card status.
- When you apply for updating details in your Aadhar card, an update request number is sent to you only when the submission of the application is successful.
- To track the update status of the Aadhar card, you can use the URN.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Online by Enrolment Number
For this, you must visit the official website of the online portal of UIDAI. These are the steps to be followed to check the Aadhar card status by enrolment number-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar
- Enter your enrolment ID (EID) in the blank space
- Fill the 14-digit enrolment number present on the top of your update/enrolment acknowledgment slip. You can also put the 14-digit date and time of your enrolment, but this is totally optional.
- Enter the ‘Captcha Code’ correctly for verification purposes.
- Click on ‘Check Status’
- On clicking the download Aadhar option, you can download e-Aadhaar if you wish to.
- To get your Aadhar status on your mobile, you can click on the ‘Get Aadhaar on mobile’ option.
- The status will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Without Enrollment Number
There could be a chance that you have forgotten your enrolment number. But still, you can check your Aadhar card status without the enrolment number. For that, you need to follow these steps-
- Visit the official UIDAI website to retrieve your enrolment number – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid
- Enter details such as your name, mobile number or email address and the captcha verification code. This will send a verification code to your mobile number or your email address.
- Enter the OTP you have received in your mobile number or email and then click on verify.
- Once the verification is done, your Enrolment number/Aadhaar will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address.
- Using this enrolment number, you can easily check the status of your Aadhar.
You can also enter a time-based one-time password (TOPT) generated by an algorithm which is valid only for only 30 seconds and is available on the mAadhaar mobile app.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Address Update Status By Urn (Update Request Number)
When you successfully complete the process of updating the address online, you will receive a 14-digit number called the URN (Update Request Number).
This number is sent to the applicant through SMS to his/her registered mobile number, which can be used to track the status of his/her address update request.
These are the steps that need to be followed-
- Visit the official UIDAI website – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
- Enter your Aadhar card number and update request number (URN)
- Enter the captcha code for verification.
- Click on ‘Check Status’.
- Now you shall receive your Aadhar card status.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Updates Via India Post
Once after your Aadhaar has been generated and dispatched by UIDAI, it will then be sent to your residential address through the post within a time span of 60 to 90 days.
Now you can check the Aadhar card delivery status through India Post by following the steps mentioned below-
- Visit the office India post website.
- Enter the consignment details that you get from the Aadhar website.
- The details of your Aadhar consignment shall be visible on the screen. If you wish to check the delivery status of your Aadhaar, you can easily track your Aadhaar number at any India Post branch as well.
Steps for Online Mobile or Phone Number Verification
Another method for checking the status of the Aadhar card is through the mobile number of the applicant. But again, you need to keep in mind that the mobile number provided by the applicant must be verified first.
The steps by which the mobile number of the applicant can be verified easily are as follows-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile
- Enter details such as your 12-digit Aadhar number and your phone number or email address.
- Type the security code and click on the “Send OTP” option.
- A verification code is then sent on the given email address or mobile number. You need to then enter the verification code you have received on the screen.
- Click on the “verify ” option at the bottom of the screen, and the verification would be done.