Simplified Auto Registration on ICEGATE
The Indian Customs of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) provides E-filing services to cargo carriers and trading partners. The CBIC, formerly known as the Central Board of Excise and Customs, deals with the formulation of policies for levy and collections of
- Customs duty,
- Central excise duties
- Central goods and services taxes
- Prevention of smuggling
- Administration of matters regarding customs, excise duties, IGST, and even narcotics
The CBIC is the parent reporting board for the other organizations, including Central excise, customs houses, Central GST Commissionerates, and the Central revenue Control Laboratories.
ICEGATE (Indian Customs electronic Gateway) is the name of the central portal of the CBIC that provides log-in and E-filing facilities for importers and exporters. There are presently 43542 logged-in users who are registered with Icegate and are serving more than 1 lakh importers and exporters.
Facilities, benefits, and links
Registration with Icegate provides the following facilities
- Electronic filing of the bill of entry (Import goods declaration),
- Shipping bills (Declaration of goods to be exported),
- E payment of customs duty,
- A web-based common signer utility for signature on all customs documents,
- Electronic refund of IGST,
- Link with E sanchit to file supporting documents online,
In addition to the above, the Icegate portal also provides several useful services, which include
- Online registration for IPR,
- The facility of document tracking at Customs EDI (electronic data interchange),
- Pan-based CHA data,
- Online verification of DEPB (Duty entitlement passbook Scheme) /DES / EPCG (Export promotion capital goods) licenses,
- IE (Import export) Code status,
- IGST Refund status,
- Links to websites related to EXIM trade,
Seagate is linked to several important organizations and government bodies such as the Reserve Bank of India, other banks, DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade), DGCIS (Directorate General of Commercial intelligence and statistics), the Ministry of steel, Directorate of Valuation and other agencies related to Exim trade.
All these facilities and links are an indication of the benefits of having an Icegate registration.
Procedure for registering at Icegate
The first step before beginning is to check to have the necessary documents in hand. These documents include an export code number and a GSTIN identification number,
- The next important step is to go to the portal – https://www.icegate.gov.in/index.html
- The data entry page will open at this stage. The applicant will need to enter the export code and the GST number. The applicant will also need to create a strong password that is difficult to hack. Some tips about the password and other details have been listed in a table.
- Once these details have been successfully entered, the program will ask for a CAPTCHA, an identifying set of numbers and alphabets. This needs to be entered and the form submitted.
- The next step will be entering the OTP (One Time Password) that will be sent to the registered mobile number. Once this OTP is provided, the registration process is completed.
Tips for the registration process
Special care is required to be taken while entering the details required for Icegate registration. The following tips in tabular form will be helpful and can be referred to during the registration process.
The Icegate portal has been developed to make the registration process easy and convenient. The portal is also being improved and updated regularly. For instance, registered firms can now go to the portal and change their email ID.
Auto Registration on ICEGATE FAQs:
1. What are the ICES and how is it linked to Icegate?
2. Are there any other portals in the Indian customs automation besides Icegate?
3. How is the RBI linked to Icegate?
4. How much is the Icegate registration fee?
5. What are the documents required for Icegate registration?
6. Who are parent users and child users?
7. Is there are requirements for software upgradation or installation for Icegate registration?
8. After successful Icegate registration, can customs duty E payment be done anytime?
9. Is a digital signature required to register on Icegate?
10. Can a partnership firm be allowed to register on Icegate?
Difference between tin tan vat pan dsc and din
how to withdraw pf amount online using uan
Business Ideas for Women
10 Business Ideas after Lock Down
Business Skills are Needed to Run Business
Business loan for women
Agriculture business plan
Dairy farm loan
Small Scale Industries in India
GST Registration Online
Aadhar Card Status
PAN Card Correction & Update
Aadhaar Card Download
PAN Card Apply Online
Instant PAN Card through Aadhaar
PAN Card Mistakes – To Avoid
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
PAN Card Details Search By Name, DoB, PAN Number & Address
What is a Cancelled Cheque