Coir Udyami Yojana – Apply Online, Scheme, Eligibility
About Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
The Coir Udyami Yojana provides welfare activities towards raw-material utilization, trade-related services, training and development of skill, creates entrepreneurship and employment opportunities and development, upbringing, and growth of domestic and export markets and much more. The Components under this scheme are:
- DPI – Development of Production Infrastructure
- Welfare Measure under the Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme
- EMP – Export Market Promotion
- TIRFS – Trade and Industry Related Functional Support
- Skill Upgradation and MCY – Mahila Coir Yojana
- DMP – Domestic Market Promotion
Schemes under Coir Vikas Yojana (CUY)
Let us understand these schemes in detail:
Name of the Scheme
Nature of Assistance
Who can Apply
How to Apply
CITUS – Coir Industry Technology Upgradation Scheme
Assistance to entrepreneurs for procuring upgraded plant and machinery and modern equipment to go for a larger investment in their respective firms. The maximum allowance gives are Rs 2.5 crores per coir project.
25% of the cost of Plant and Machinery for modernisation, establishing a new unit or upgradation
Coir productions, manufacturing units, newly established firms registered under the Coir Industry (Registration) Rules, 2008 ad who possess a Udyog Aadhar
S&T – Science and Technology for Coir
Extensions of service and testing services. R and D done through twin departments – Central Institute of Coir Technology in Bangalore and Central Coir Research Institute, Kalavoor
Technology transfer, testing and service and incubation services
Coir workers, entrepreneurs and manufacturers
They need to contact the research centre for all services.
Skill Upgradation and MCY – Mahila Coir Yojana
Training and value addition to potential workers, coir artisans and entrepreneurs through DC and NCT.
Stipend amount per trainee is Rs. 3000. The trainer’s honorarium is fixed to Rs. 15000.Rs. 40 per head per month is paid out to the agency for meeting overhead costs of services.
Maximum project cost of Rs. 25 lakhs for coir artisans, under PMEGP scheme for setting up new units.
officer-in-charge of the Regional Extension Centre will select trainees which will be sponsored and recommended by NGOs, Cooperatives, trade associations, unit owners and industries departments.
EMP – Export Market Promotion
This is formulated to improve the export quality, performance and market. Includes sponsorship, promotional, seminars, conferences, Research and development
Publicity, participation in fairs and exhibitions, delegation, consultation, coir industry awards and recognition, external market development, and information sourcing
Manufacturers, entrepreneurs and the exporters of Coir
Application form can be downloaded from the official website or he head office of the Coir Board.
DMP – Domestic Market Promotion
Under Section 10(1) of Coir Industry Act 1953, it is for expanding the products and the domestic market. The activities comprise publicity, marketing, advertising, participation exhibitions and fairs, construction, decoration and renovation of the market.
Provides financial assistance, which is given at 10% of their annual sales turnover.
Coir products includes (for the preceding 3 years) – Coir fibre,block, organic manure, mats, yarn, matting, bags, umbrella, ornaments, handicrafts pith, and other innovative products.
Assistance to be shared on 1:1 with central or state governments.
Central, Primary and Apex Co-operative Societies, Public Sector Enterprises, franchisees by Coir Board and Showroom Depots
MDA application from needs to be filled which can be retrieved from the official website or the head office.
TIRFS – Trade and Industry Related Functional Support
For this highly competitive sector, this scheme introduces an upgraded and expert IT related management information system
Comprises accessible export data, quantum of export to each country and name of importing countries. This is to gauge better technological and modern knowledge and expertise.
Stakeholders, Board members, coir workers, manufacturers or employees
To participate in the HRD programs initiated, the people can contact the Head Office and Regional Offices of the board.
PMSBY – Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Implements Coir Workers Insurance scheme under Group Personal Accident covering against accidental death, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability
For one year and renewable.
Accidental coverage for death and disability provided
Coir workers who are self-employed or employed under SFURTI coir clusters, federations, Corporations, co-operative societies, PSUs, Welfare Fund Boards.
Anyone between 18-70 years of age can apply.
He must have Aadhar linked Savings account.
The Coir Board
This is a subsidy scheme that is credit-linked and sets up coir units with an anticipated cost of Rs, 10 lakhs + another cycle of working capital that does not exceed 25% of the project’s cost. Subsidy is not granted on working capital. Under the ambit of the Ministry of MSME, the main aim of Coir Udyami Yojana is to maintain sustainable development of the Coir Industry in India.
Eligibility Criteria for Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
Indian Citizen above 18 years of age
No specific income ceiling capped
Scope of Eligible Project
Production of coir yarn, fiber, and finished products
• Individual (Only one person per family)
• NGO (Non-Government Organization)
• Self Help Group
• Registered Society under Societies Registration Act 1860
• Charitable Trust
• Joint Liability Group
If the project is already under the subsidy of any other scheme launched by the central or state government, then the project will not be eligible for CUY
Nature of the Scheme
• Maximum cost – 10 lakhs + working capital, that should not exceed 25% of the cost of the project.
• Beneficiary’s contribution 5% of the project cost
• Bank credit 55%.
• Rate of Subsidy 40% of the project
How to Apply
The applicant can apply online or the applicants can be filled at the Panchayati Raj Institutions, Coir Board Offices, District Industries Centres, and the Nodal Agencies approved by the Board and have to be directly submitted to through the DICs or to the COIR Board Field offices.
Coverage of Loan
• Capital expenditure
• Working capital not considered
• If work shed is already available, then it is not considered for the loan
Maximum Repayment Period
Maximum up to 7 Years
Loan under Coir Udyami Yojana is covered through the CGTMSE Scheme under the Ministry of MSME
Documents Required for Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
- KYC documents of individual applicant – ID and Address proof
- Registration documents in case of non-individual applicants
- The certified copy of the by-laws of the organization needs to be attached (not for individuals)
- Cast certificate to avail benefits under special cast applicants
- Detailed project cost, capital expenditure, machinery and building
- Detailed working capital cycle and its requirement (if the applicant wants to apply for the working capital loan without subsidy)
- Property documents – location for the coir manufacturing unit (proposed)
- Certificate of Entrepreneurship Development Program training
- Proof of coir industry experience
- Plan and Estimate of civil construction work certified by the Charter Engineer
- DOC issues Industrial establishment certificate
Benefits of Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
- Maximum cost – Rs. 10 lakhs which includes working capital not exceeding 25% of the total cost of the project.
- Beneficiary’s contribution 5% of the project cost
- Bank credit 55%.
- Rate of Subsidy 40% of the project
- The project cost covers every kind of capital purchase except for the working capital.
- Individuals, Companies, Registered Societies, NGOs and other Self-Help Group, Production Co-Operative Societies, and other Charitable Trusts can apply for this scheme
- Skill Upgradation
- Maintaining the applications list
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Development of production infrastructure scheme
- Establishes new state-of-the-art Coir Processing Units.
- Helps in better usage of existing raw materials.
- Helps women get better employment opportunities especially in rural areas
- Updates existing coir units.
- Helps in the production of high-value products
- Helps in the adoption of eco-friendly techniques
- Improves quality and productivity
- Modernizing the infrastructure facilities of the production units.
- Developing the industry which has potential.
- Introduces new generation entrepreneurs into the industry.
- Promotes information technology in the industry.
- Makes Coir Industry more competitive
- Keeps Coir Industry pollution-free.
How to Apply for the Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
The Coir Udyami Yojana application form can be availed from any of the below mentioned offices:
- Coir Board Offices
- Coir Project Offices
- Nodal offices approved by the coir board
- District Industrial Center
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Coir Board Website (Direct Download)
The application form along with appropriate documents should be submitted to the Coir Board field offices or DICs – District Industrial Centres
Steps to apply for CUY scheme online
- Visit the official website http://coirservices.gov.in/ or https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/government-schemes/coir_udyami_yojana.html.
- Choose the scheme and click on ‘Apply Online’
- The applicant needs to sign in using his login details if he is a registered user. If he is not a registered user then he needs to click on ‘New Login Registration’
- He needs to register by entering his basic details like full name, mobile number, email ID, Aadhar number, and security question and username as per preference
- Click on ‘Confirm’ to complete the registration process.
Small Scale Industries in India
GST Registration Online
Aadhar Card Status
PAN Card Correction & Update
Aadhaar Card Download
PAN Card Apply Online
Instant PAN Card through Aadhaar
PAN Card Mistakes – To Avoid
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
PAN Card Details Search By Name, DoB, PAN Number & Address
What is a Cancelled Cheque