NBFC DSA Registration: A Guide on NBFC Direct Selling Agent
NBFC is a non-banking financial company. Any person who acts as a referral agent for such a company or bank is called DSA (direct selling agent). As an agent, the primary responsibility is to generate leads and bring in new clients for the banks and NBFCs. When the customer takes a loan on the agent’s reference, the agent generates an income for themselves. You can earn a considerably handsome and consistent amount by working as a business loan DSA in Delhi, Bangalore, or Hyderabad. Reading further, you will find the details of the process of becoming an NBFC DSA loan agent. But before that, let’s first know who is a DSA agent or what is NBFC?
What is NBFC?
Non-Banking financial companies or Institutions do not have a financial license issued by regulatory bodies such as RBI, yet they provide various banking services. They are not allowed to accept public demand deposits such as savings accounts, fixed deposits, etc. NBFCs are predominantly engaged in a financial activity related to loans and advances.
Who is a DSA?
The loan DSA partners with NBFC to promote and sell their products. The DSA loan agent does not work out of the office but may host events to promote their products. They are independent people who build a network of sales. They individually locate customers and work directly with them.
Previously, in the initial days of this business, DSA was known as door-to-door agents who went from door to door, selling cleaning supplies, home equipment, etc. These days loan DSAs offer several financial products like personal loans, car loans, home loans, etc., at your doorstep. Whether you are looking for a loan DSA in Delhi or a business loan DSA in Jaipur, these agents are easily accessible in all the cities.
Benefits of DSA
Eligibility criteria for DSA
To be able to register yourself as a DSA agent, you should meet a few requirements;
- You must be an Indian citizen and must have attained 18 years of age
- Should be able to work in public dealing
- Have sound knowledge of financial products and services
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade and convince others
Documents required for NBFC DSA registration
To obtain the NBFC DSA franchise, you must produce the following documents:
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Bank details
Procedure for NBFC DSA registration
The loan DSA franchise can be obtained individually by directly contacting the NBFC or bank or loan DSA partner sites. The applicant will have the opportunity to become a bank loan DSA. Even though there are differences in how an NBFC or a bank registers Direct Selling Agents, below mentioned are the few common steps followed by all of them:
- You can submit your application, along with the payment online or offline, by visiting the bank or NBFC.
- The bank will then contact you for documentation where you will be required to produce documents as asked.
- The next step is verification of your documents, and when the authorities are content with your application, a duly stamped DSA agreement will be sent to your address.
- Fill up the details of the agreement and submit it with the bank/NBFC.
- You will receive a code to review and track your application status.
- Once you receive your DSA, you can start with customer engagement.
The steps mentioned above are followed if you apply for a home loan DSA, a loan against property DSA or even a car loan DSA.
DSA’s main job is to represent the customer to the bank/NBFC and the financial product (bank/NBFC) to the customer. In short, a loan DSA is a bridge between the two. And their primary goal is to promote the lending institution to generate extra income. A DSA loan agent’s commission depends on his effort and how much lending he has generated for the financial institution.
NBFC DSA registration FAQs:
1. What is the DSA agreement?
2. Do all banks and NBFC charge some registration fee?
3. Is DSA business profitable?
4. Will I be required to have an office if I want to be registered as a DSA?
5. How does a DSA approach the customer?
6. What are the uses of the DSA code?
7. How does a DSA earn?
8. What is the DSA channel?
9. What are the advantages of a DSA business loan?
10. What are points of caution a customer must be aware of while dealing with DSA?
NBFC Channel Partner
How to get business loan for textile business
Difference between tin tan vat pan dsc and din
how to withdraw pf amount online using uan
Business Ideas for Women
10 Business Ideas after Lock Down
Business Skills are Needed to Run Business
Business loan for women
Agriculture business plan
Dairy farm loan
Small Scale Industries in India
GST Registration Online
Aadhar Card Status
PAN Card Correction & Update
Aadhaar Card Download
PAN Card Apply Online
Instant PAN Card through Aadhaar
PAN Card Mistakes – To Avoid
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
PAN Card Details Search By Name, DoB, PAN Number & Address
What is a Cancelled Cheque