The basics of picture studio business:Photography is a broad term for capturing pictures through a camera. There are two aspects to it, while photography normally refers to still picture, video-graph, on the other hand, refers to motion pictures. Both have their place in the art of capturing pictures creatively. In the case of video, the growth and penetration of the internet and social media has opened up a host of opportunities with an explosion in demand for video. Commercial photography and video production are lucrative business models in the present era.
Requirements for Photograph and Video studio in India:Both forms have enough space to launch a business dealing in it. While professional photography is much in demand in various fields both at the individual and commercial levels, the video has received greater reach due to the upload facilities of high-quality videos to clients across the world as a vital tool for brands and corporate, besides individuals. Let us look at the equipment requirement of the two.
Macro, Tele and Zoom
Macro, Tele and Zoom
Steadicam or Shoulder Mount
Yes and umbrella
3 Point rig for indoor
Boom, Wireless, and Shotgun
Cables and batteries
Cables and batteries
Quadcopter for outdoors
Hardware and software – Final Pro Cut
Additionally, there will be requirements for branding, marketing, and working capital. While a photography business can be launched with around Rs.10L to Rs.12L, Video production cost would be slightly higher because of additional requirements. The initial cost of setting up a brick and mortar studio is excluded as this can be established as the business gets going.
Suitable business plan for Photography and Video-Graph:Drawing up a definite business plan is crucial to seeking suitable finance. You must understand that both are highly skilled professions with special needs to be successful. A viable business plan is a minimum a lender will look for before extending any finance. The plan should ideally include:
- Skill – it is difficult to quantify, but testimonials will be an added advantage.
- Working capital needs.
- Marketing and advertising strategy
- List of prospective clients.
- Delivery mechanism
- Return on investment.
Focus on fund requirement:Being a specialized creative business opportunity, you have to look for funds to finance your requirements in some key areas:
- Acquisition of equipment and assets.
- Arrange for the premises.
- Arrange for working capital.
- Finance for expansion, marketing, and publicity
- Deal with tax and other legal compliance’s.
Where to look for funds:After you have a business plan in place and have understood the thrust area for funding, you have to look for lenders. In the Indian scenario, Mudra loan is an option for startups. But with the limit for the Sishu Mudra Loan for the launch of business at Rs.50K is grossly inadequate for a studio. On the other hand the cost of equipment and premises being the major expense area, you can look for various options for equipment finance while the premises can be kept at abeyance with sharing of facilities or rental.
- Hire Purchase
- Contract Hire
Business Loans from viable lenders:Once your business has taken off, your options for finance from lenders open up. Banks and of late Fintechs are suited for the kind of finance Photo, and Video studio looks for. With rapid technological advances, keeping up with the trends is an important feature of this business. Thus Fintechs including Lendingkart with innovative products become eminently suitable.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- The operational business of at least six months vintage.
- A Proprietor or Limited Liability company to deal with compliances.
- Turnover of Rs.90K in the preceding quarter.
- Should not be involved in unlawful activities.
Documents Required:At Lendingkart, the requirement is bare essential. The list is indicative and additional documents may be sought by the lender while processing.
- KYC documents of the applicant and the Business.
- PAN card for both.
- Aadhaar Card of the proprietor.
- Proof of the existence of the business.
- Specified financial statements.
How to apply for Business Loan for a Studio?While the procedure in Banks is lengthy and time-consuming, in a Fintech like Lendingkart, you are offered a digital platform for all your business loan needs. The entire cycle can be completed in a few well-defined steps within 72 hours.
- Invoke the “Apply Now” tab in the portal and complete the application formalities.
- Upload the prescribed digital documents.
- Evaluation and sanction
- Disbursal and credit to the account.
Fees, Charges, and other features of Business loan from Lendingkart:While you propose a suitable loan, it is always necessary to check out the different rates and fees that will be imposed by the lender. It is also important to look for clauses of hidden costs. This is important as it will impact the cost of funds and ultimately, your repayment of the loan in full.
12% to 24% per annum
1 to 2% of the loan amount upfront on disbursal
Quantum of Loan
Rs.50K to Rs.2Cr
Maximum 36 months
Photography / Videography Studio Business Loan FAQs:
1. What are the types of business loans suitable for a studio?
The suitable loans are:
2. What are the possibilities of crowd-funding?
For this business, it is a viable option through websites on the net facilitate such initiatives.
3. What are the two basic types of business loans?
They are either term loans or overdraft.
4. How do social media help a studio business?
Both Photography and Video are visual media. Social media and the internet provide ample scope to popularize your product and showcase creative talent.
5. What is considered to be a game-changer in the business of visual media?
It was the advent of digital technology that sounded the death knell of film-based photography.