GST Payment Process, Rules & Form – How to pay GST online?
Every registered business and taxpayer is required to pay their taxes after setting off their Input Tax Credit (ITC). The person must furnish his/her taxes every month and make the payment before the 20th. The payment of GST can also be done online and hence, is a sustained and constructive experience too.
- If the payment of GST is not made before the due date, the person will be charged with interest from the date on which he/she was supposed to pay.
- If the person furnishes GST monthly return without paying his/her tax due, it will be considered as an invalid return.
- E Banking
- Over the Counter
The Indian government has prescribed three different ledgers that a taxpayer should maintain.
|Heading||What It Does|
|Electronic tax liability register||It displays the total liability of the registered person during any particular time.|
|Electronic cash ledger||It shows the net deposit made by the taxpayer when he discharged his liability, interest or penalty.|
|Electronic credit ledger||It records all the payments done on the inputs.|
Online Payment (Step By Step)
- Login to www.gst.gov.in to access the GST portal.
- Click on services – payments – create challan option – enter you details.
- (If you have created the challan already) Click on services – payments – saved challan.
- Select payment method – click on E- Payment.
- Click on the generate challan option after filling in all the details.
- Click on the Net Banking option under E- Payment
- Choose the bank with which you want to make the payment.
- Agree to all terms and conditions.
- Make the payment.
- Once the payment is done, download the challan for future reference.
- After logging in, click on the NEFT/RTGS as your payment mode.
- Once the Remitting Banks list appears select the bank of your choice.
- Click on the generate challan option.
- Print the challan and visit your bank. The mandate form will be generated simultaneously.
- Make the payment in the bank with your cheque. You can also use the account transfer facility to make the payment.
- The bank will process the transaction and the RBI will confirm it within 2 hours.
- The payment will be updated in the Electronic Cash Ledger under its respective head.
Over The Counter
- After logging in, click on the over the counter option as your payment method.
- Select the bank from the drop list, where you are supposed to deposit.
- Select the type of instrument, that is, cheque/ cash/ Demand draft.
- Click on the generate challan option.
- The challan will be generated.
- Take a printout of the challan and visit your respective bank.
- Make the payment with your instrument within its validity date.
GST Registration Forms
Application for Registration
Notice for Seeking Additional Information / Clarification / Documents relating to Application for registration/amendments/cancellation
Clarification/additional information/document for Registration/ Amendment / Cancellation
Order of Rejection of Application for Registration / Amendment / Cancellation
Application for Registration as Tax Deductor at source (u/s 51) or Tax Collector at source (u/s 52)
Order of Cancellation of Registration as Tax Deductor at source or Tax Collector at source
Application for Registration of Non Resident Taxable Person
Application for registration of person supplying online information and data base access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered person
Application for extension of registration period by casual / non-
resident taxable person
Order of Grant of Temporary Registration/ Suo Moto Registration
Application/Form for grant of Unique Identity Number (UIN) to UN Bodies / Embassies /others
Application for Amendment in Registration Particulars (For all types of registered persons)
Order of Amendment
Application for Cancellation of Registration
Show Cause Notice for Cancellation of Registration
Reply to the Show Cause Notice issued for
Order for Cancellation of Registration
Order for dropping the proceedings for cancellation
Application for Revocation of Cancellation of
Order for revocation of cancellation of registration
Show Cause Notice for rejection of application for revocation
Reply to the notice for rejection of application for revocation of cancellation of registration
Certificate of Provisional Registration
Application for Enrolment of Existing Taxpayer
Show Cause Notice for cancellation of provisional
Order of cancellation of provisional registration
Application for cancellation of provisional
Form for Field Visit Report
In conclusion, GST process and payment are the key vitals to any business to remain in the race. It is essential for them to be aware of the formats, schemes, due dates etc. We are here to help making that experience smoother and faster, so that you can engage in your business hassle-free.