How to Start Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership Business in India
Reliance Petroleum is one of the main divisions of Reliance Industries, which was launched in 1991. One of this division’s earliest and most successful ventures was Gujarat Refinery, which became the world’s largest oil refinery and produced about 1.24 million barrels a day. There are now more than 64000 Reliance petrol pumps spread across the country, and 1300 provide superior technology fuel with specialized services.
A Petrol Pump dealership is a prime business opportunity with a wide variety of options and services to be provided. A reliance petrol pump also has facilities for emergency servicing of vehicles.
The vast business network of Reliance Industries has access to new products and new technology. Reliance petroleum is also upgrading its technology and improving its services. Dealers are regularly invited to seminars and training sessions and provided opportunities for new technologies to be forwarded to them. Though many of these sessions have become online, dealers are provided inputs for constantly improving and upgrading their services and facilities.
The advantage of being a Reliance franchisee is the constant receipts of upgrades, and franchisers need not look elsewhere for tools that may or may not be compatible with their existing equipment. They will be secure in the knowledge that the new tools and technology have already been tested and verified with the backing of Reliance industries.
Services provided by a Reliance petrol pump dealer
The most common and regular services provided by a Reliance petrol pump include
- Dispensing of petrol, diesel and CNG (compressed natural gas) to customer vehicles
- Sales and distribution of different lubricants to vehicles. These lubricants include engine oil, brake oil, gear oil, hydraulic oil, grease and air conditioning coolants. All these products are of the brand name Relstar.
- Vehicle washing and cleaning with high-pressure water and air.
- Provision of free air and nitrogen for vehicle tyres.
The minimum requirement for Reliance petrol pump dealership
Eligibility to become a Reliance petrol pump dealer
The eligibility criteria for a Reliance petrol pump dealership are
Age of the applicant to be between 21 to 55 years of age,
The applicant requires to be an Indian citizen and a resident of India,
The applicant needs to be qualified with a graduation degree or can be a chartered accountant, a company secretary or a diploma engineer. For rural outlets, a 10+2 certificate is the minimum requirement,
The applicant needs to show proof of investment capability for Rs 25 lakhs for a Reliance petrol pump in an urban area or Rs 12 lakhs for a rural area.
Read More – Petrol pump business plan
A rather large number of documents are required for applying for the Reliance petrol pump dealership. This includes the following basic documents.
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) document,
- The current circle rate document,
- Site layout maps and photographs of the location,
- Documents certifying financial and business capability,
- 7½ extract and sale deed documents of the land to be used for the dealership
The following land documents are also needed
- Certificate to confirm that the land is non-agricultural and not in a green belt,
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) if the land is leased or rented. Rent or lease documents will need to be provided.
Applying for the dealership
The applicant should be ready with hired staff and the necessary NOCs (no objection certificates) before applying for a Reliance petrol pump dealership.
- The first stage in the application for the Reliance Petrol pump dealership is to read all the terms and conditions on the Reliance petroleum website and be mentally and financially prepared for entering this business.
- Having entered the Reliance petroleum website, the applicant needs to familiarise themselves with the various features on the site thoroughly. This includes reading about the different types of pumps available, services provided, details about procurement of oils and lubricants and even the company’s upcoming plans.
- The next stage is to register and apply for business. For this purpose, applicants must go to the “contact us” icon at the top right corner of the screen and select “business enquiry” as the next option.
- Once this option is selected, a form will appear on the screen. Interested applicants will be required to fill in all their personal details related to the business and also the size and location of the plot of land earmarked for the business. All contact details, including mobile numbers and Email IDs, will also need to be provided. The form, completed in all respects, needs to be submitted. The system will anyway throw back the form if it is incomplete in any way.
- The company shall scrutinise the completed form, and representatives will contact the applicant to take the process forward.
- Applicants should follow the standard template of Reliance
- Petroleum for the construction of the entire facility, including the use of raw material, construction material and even brands of furniture, stands, POS machines, equipment and other fixtures.
- There will be periodic inspection and surveillance visits by Reliance petroleum staff to assess the construction progress. There will be a final inspection, including an interview of staff, before the final certificate of the franchisee is given, and the pump can begin doing business.
Advantages of becoming a Reliance petrol pump dealer
There are several advantages of having a Reliance petrol pump dealership. They are:
- A Reliance petrol pump has several business opportunities besides just dispensing petrol, diesel or CNG. There are opportunities to sell lubricants, opportunities for puncture repair, and rent from ATM kiosks and other outlets.
Reliance trains staff,
- provides the latest technology and upgradation,
- 24-hour service ensures high profitability as well as turnover,
Online Application Process
Reliance Petroleum sometimes asks for offers for a dealership in a particular area. Alternatively, interested applicants can go to the portal and apply online – https://www.reliancepetroleum.com/BusinessEnquiry.
The applicant will need to fill up the form that opens with basic details such as name, address, mobile number, email ID and even the type of partnership.
The system will throw up a prompt in case any information is wrong or missing. Once complete, the system will throw up a captcha which will need to be typed exactly as it appears. Then the form is to be submitted online.
Once the application is received and found worthwhile, the applicant will be contacted by representatives of Reliance Petroleum and the process is taken further forward.
Reliance petroleum has a helpline, and the number is 1800223023. This helpline is available all day and night every day. The helpline answers in four languages: Hindi, English, Marathi and Gujarati.
There is also an email ID where enquiries can be given in.
Learn more –
Reliance Petrol Pump Dealership FAQs:
1. Can a Reliance petrol pump dealership be given on land in a special economic zone (SEZ)?
2. Can a Reliance petrol pump have a restaurant on its premises?
3. Is a Reliance petrol pump dealership profitable?
4. Can a Reliance petrol pump have pollution testing and certification booths in its space?
5. Can a Reliance petrol pump dealer apply for relocation to another site?
6. Can a Reliance Petrol pump dealer get a loan for startup and regular conducting of the business?
7. Does Reliance petroleum conduct training sessions for all staff in a Reliance dealership?
8. Can a Reliance Petrol pump dealer apply for registering as an MSME (micro, small and medium enterprise)?
9. Is a customer allowed to test the quantity of petrol or diesel at a Reliance petrol pump dealer?
10. Are Reliance petrol pump dealers allowed compensation for evaporation of fuels?
How to get business loan for textile business
Difference between tin tan vat pan dsc and din
how to withdraw pf amount online using uan
Business Ideas for Women
10 Business Ideas after Lock Down
Business Skills are Needed to Run Business
Business loan for women
Agriculture business plan
Dairy farm loan
Small Scale Industries in India
GST Registration Online
Aadhar Card Status
PAN Card Correction & Update
Aadhaar Card Download
PAN Card Apply Online
Instant PAN Card through Aadhaar
PAN Card Mistakes – To Avoid
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
PAN Card Details Search By Name, DoB, PAN Number & Address
What is a Cancelled Cheque